Justin Timberlake Super Bowl LII Performance: Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

2/6/2018 1:40:31 PM
TSFN 30677
2/6/2018 1:40:31 PM Report Abuse

It's like we've seen the best but every year we still got amazed by every performance and collaboration in Super Bowl Half Time. This year I was one of the super excited fan of Justin Timberlake when I came to know that he will be performing to the Super Bowl LII. After the infamous performance with Janet Jackson, I never thought that he'll be back in the stage. But the performance in the beginning is not really a "wow!". I got disappointed with it but as the performance goes on, it was really great. I was also touched for giving tribute to Prince. I love Justin and it's a double thumbs up performance and finally he reclaimed himself in Super Bowl.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
Salt
2/6/2018 6:14:23 PM Report Abuse

I have to agree with that I was very disappointed. His show was fairly normal, there was no wow factor. There was know left shark (right shark? Which one was it). There was no Beyonce busting out with Bruno Mars, nothing. Sure, they had a video of Prince as tribute, but I don't think it was enough of a bang when you compare it to previous SB performances.

TSFN 30683
2/8/2018 5:25:19 AM Report Abuse

Well, I know it's going to be lit because it's JT. He's very charismatic and energetic during live performance. The live performance could be a music video on its own. That's how good it is. THe choreography is great. I love the fact that he sang his old singles and not just the new ones.

TSFN 30670
2/11/2018 5:20:48 AM Report Abuse

I thought it was just an okay performance, nothing special worthy of mentioning and didn't really fit in usual Super Bowl fashion.  While JT is very charismatic, the performance this year wasn't very special.

TSFN 30677
2/11/2018 10:39:59 AM Report Abuse

Fans for sure are really disappointed because not just the performace alone but even the technical effects are poor. It is Justin Timberlake that's why we expected too much and it's SB! Is there any artist that didn't dream of performing even once in Super Bowl? They will no a take new artist but only the best and the famous. I don't know who planned and put the performance in action but it was poorly done compared to the previous ones. I want to emphasize the word compared because, overall it is great if we will not compare to the previous performances.

jusumortal
2/11/2018 11:20:17 AM Report Abuse

I think it was an ok performance. I was expecting other artists performing with him, though. I honestly almost fell asleep halfway through the performance of it were not of the selfie kid.

TSFN 30677
2/12/2018 1:36:02 PM Report Abuse

Yes, I agree! I Almost changed the channel. Even the projector that was used to show Prince is not properly fixed. Technical aspect, it was badly executed. The feedback is divided, some find it great but some find that something is missing. JT's performance is way beyond my expectations, no doubt about it but the production is lacking of wow factor.

TSFN 30670
2/13/2018 7:53:52 AM Report Abuse

The best thing to come out of JT's performance was the Selfie Kid meme lol. It was so funny how awkward he was during that short clip in the performance.

TSFN 30695
2/13/2018 9:10:59 AM Report Abuse

The only thing I love about his performance was when he gave tribute to Prince. I know it was the only thing he had highlighted and emphasized. I see it as it was the only important moment. It's leaving a legacy.

kaisantos2229
2/13/2018 11:13:18 AM Report Abuse

It would be better if he perform together with his former bandmates from Nsync and sing theirs famous songs, that would mean something to the funs and I am sure it will be a special performance.

TSFN 30697
2/13/2018 12:42:45 PM Report Abuse

I wasn't dissapointed, Justin Timberlake is one of the greatest american artists and one of my favourites as well. He is one showman and every performance is  must watch. But I have to agree with you guys, it could be alot more interesting if he would perform with other artists or even with his old band, NSync, because for sure there are a lot of nostalgic fans that would love a reunion.

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close